At WomenInTechPK, we work to foster meaningful discussions and connections among women working in the tech industry. To ensure a positive and productive environment, please follow these community rules:
- Women only: The platform restricts membership to women only, which includes cisgender and transgender women and non-binary folks.
- Right to Admission: Our community admins will review all membership requests. The admins hold the right to approve or decline membership based on the alignment with the community, completion of the profile, review of their LinkedIn profile, agreeing to the terms, and referral from an existing and active member.
- Be Respectful and Kind: Each community member is responsible for creating a warm and engaging environment. Our ethos is to treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness and respect are prerequisites to participate. Ridicule, patronizing, harassment, personal attacks, or use of abusive language is strictly prohibited.
- No Hate Speech and/or Bullying: This platform ensures a safe online space for every member. Bullying of any kind, from abusive language to degrading comments about race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender, or identity, will not be tolerated.
- Stay On-Topic: Keep discussions relevant to the tech industry and professional interests. Off-topic and promotional posts will be removed and can result in an instant ban.
- Don’t Engage in Academic Dishonesty: We vehemently discourage plagiarism and prohibit any post related to academic assignments, papers, reports, or thesis writing. These engagements are not only against the academic pledge of honesty; they are also unethical and, in most countries, including Pakistan, deemed illegal.
- Anonymous Posts: The community respects the privacy of its members and has the anonymous post feature enabled. Please include all the relevant details in your post and have a clear ask. Please avoid posting surveys, job posts, and other general posts anonymously.
- No Self-Promotion or Repetitive Content: Avoid self-promotion, including direct links to your products, services, content, or website/profiles. Instead, focus on sharing insights and engaging in conversations. Prioritize quality discussions over the number of posts. Avoid spamming the community with repetitive content.
- Respect Privacy: Do not share personal or confidential information about others without consent. Being part of this community requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make communities educational, helpful, and constructive. All conversations within the community are sensitive and private, only to be viewed by the members. What is shared within the community should stay within the confines of WomenInTechPK.
- Use of Proper Language: The primary language for communication in the community is English. Please maintain a professional tone in your interactions. Avoid using offensive, vulgar, or inappropriate language.
- Don’t Engage in Piracy: Don’t ask for (pirated/cracked) software or software subscriptions from unregistered vendors. This is illegal, and admins will delete all discussions about this topic and ban the involved members. You can, however, share a link to relevant free software or resources.
- No Buying/Selling or Asking for Likes/Followers: These posts will be removed instantly, and involved members will be banned. WomenInTechPK is not a marketplace or a promotional platform.
- Report Concerns: If you encounter inappropriate behavior or content within the community, please report it to the admins.
- Member Removal and Ban: Admins have the right to remove or ban members who fail to abide by the community rules or are inactive without any warning. Re-entry will be subject to a discussion with an admin, and they have the right to deny it.
- No Liability of Community Content/External Links: The community admins are volunteers who aim to maintain a positive and inclusive environment. However, they are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or legality of any content posted by group members. The community may contain links to external websites or resources, but Group Admins do not endorse, control, or monitor the content on these external sites. Members access external links at their own risk and should review those sites’ terms and privacy policies.
*Note: The community rules and membership criteria are subject to change without notice.